NPS Schools of Choice Information
The Newaygo County Schools of Choice application window is now open.
Deadline is June 1, 2018.
Choose one (A, B, or C) of the scenarios below. Follow the instructions for that scenario.
A. My resident (home) district is not Newaygo. I am a resident of a Newaygo County School district (Big Jackson, Fremont, Grant, Hesperia, White Cloud) and my student DOES NOT currently attend NPS but I want my student to attend NPS.
1. Download and read Schools of Choice Brochure 2018-2019
2. Download and print Schools of Choice Application 2018-2019
3. Fill out the entire form and take it to the Newaygo Public Schools Superintendent's Office.
B. My resident (home) district is not Newaygo. I am a resident of a Newaygo County School district (Big Jackson, Fremont, Grant, Hesperia, White Cloud) and my student(s) currently attend NPS under the Schools of Choice Program.
1. You do not need to reapply.
The Section105C Application window is now open.
Deadline is August 31, 2018.
C. My resident (home) district is not Newaygo. I am a resident of a district not in Newaygo County (for example, Morley Stanwood, Tri-County) and I DO NOT currently attend NPS.
1. You need to apply under the Section 105C provision since you live out of the county.
2. Download and print Superintendent Release Form for 105C 2018-2019
3. Fill out the entire form and check "Section 105C Application" box at the top.
4. Return the application to the School District office where you reside.
The Newaygo County Schools of Choice Program closes each year on June 1.
- Students in the Newaygo County Choice Program are not guaranteed acceptance at their choice school, even if the resident district releases him or her.
- A school district may refuse to enroll an applicant who has been suspended within the preceding two years or who has ever been expelled.